Friday, January 15, 2010

the reasons I wish i was rich....

I want someone else to plan shop and cook healthy meals for me. and the endless resources to pay for good fresh foods.
I want someone else to handle my budget, just give me my spending money and I will stay within that. (if I had enough to by nice towels when i wanted new ones, or new sheets that would be rich.
What things can't you bring your self to buy, that would make you feel rich if you did?

6 comments:

Phannie said...

Darling, go to Sunflower Farmers Market. I get 4-6 bags of fresh produce every week and have NEVER spent over 16 dollars! It's too expensive to buy produce anywhere else.

Cut out the coupons. Go through the "junk mail" and cut them out. You will be surprised how long they last. The expiration dates are usually months away.

I'm meticulous about our budget. I don't know anyone quite like me. (although I obviously haven't met EVERYONE) To be able to buy those things you want because you need, you have to budget. Down to the penny if needs be. If you ever want to see an example of what I do let me know.

Oh, and I could talk myself out of buying anything. Even if it was toilet paper and we were out of it at home. Just ask Marshall.

Thora said...

I really want a new pillow. A nice, fluffy, but firm pillow. The kind that last for years and years because they didn't cost three dollars brand new, and flattened like a pancake in months (Avram actually bought that one). And then I'd get a body pillow for sleeping with when I'm pregnant. Also, I would buy (if I were rich, and could bring myself to spend money on these things) a haircut. A real haircut, at a real salon, where they would understand my hair better than I do. I've realized I have to grow my hair long enough so I can trim it myself again, because I cannot bring myself to spend money paying for haircuts - not with our budget as it is.

Also, I'd buy paint for furniture, and fix it up myself projects. And I'd buy clothes - but not when I'm pregnant. Ok, I could go on all day. Obviously, someday having more money than I do right now is something I've thought on.

Jj Starwalker said...

I would get myself two of the pillows that the W hotels use http://www.pacificpillows.com/doli50whgodo.html They are like clouds but DO last forever! I got K one several years ago, he who had not been able to tolerate any pillow before that for more than a week, and he is still sleeping on it and loving it.

And I would buy lignonberry and blueberry and cranberry bushes and fruit trees for the yard.

Mibi and Lee said...

Id be able to fly Savannah out to Hawaii every other weekend or fly us up there...come to think of it if I were rich than Id just move Savannah and her whole family here:-D

king bacon2 said...

I would buy...a personal trainer. Yesterday we signed up for finacial aid to go to the YMCA and it was still 56 a month for the three of us! My personal trainer would come to me if needed. And I would also have a cook to make me healty food so I don't have to think about it

Camilla said...

if i was rich first i would buy a house with a garage so i could store stuff places besides in boxes stacked all over the appartments.

then i would hire a chef to do all the cooking of fresh healthy and yummy meals

oh and a maid to do all the cleaning beucase i suck at it!


in reality i might get the first one, but never the other two. darn! :)