Saturday, January 30, 2010

January happenings of the Halls

a post because I really want to play dr mario but I don't have it on my machine and devin is using his. So I guess I will write aboutthe things I have been meaning to write about.


A funny story about the girls....
We were at grandmas (donna). Lily, Mikelle and I, were leaving. We walk out the door and the girls take off down the steet side by side instead of going to the car. Four doors down one of thier cusins and three or four other kids (tongan boys) were playing outside. that is where they were headed. So when i catch up this is what I hear. lily "hey you guys stop that!" in her most commanding voice with both hands on her hips, with every bit of attitude you can picture. then Mikelle "yeah, stop that!" or something like that, ready to back up her big sis if any body decides to get crazy! so i say "hey lily what are you talking about whats going on?". and the oldest boy says "yeah what are you talking about?". she just looks right at him and says "I don't know." mind you she ran up to them, and said all this without any provocation. they had not said a word to either of my girls. so when she said she did not know the boys all started laughing. So did I. I know, my kids about to get her butt kicked by a bunch of poly kids and I am laughing. befor you judge me, picture it and you wwould laugh too. these kids are big for their age, my girls are small for their age and they run up to them and start causing trouble. so when they laughed she says "oh yeah, you want me to show you something funny?", and Kelle says "you want to see funny?' they then turn around and Run home. oh my gosh I laughed my butt off all the way home. The ting is, Lilys a little girl, but she could probobly hold her own against them at least. but it would not suprise me if she kicked some trash. she can be mean. Figures Devin and I would have a fighter. neother of us ever got in a fight with anyone other then our siblings. I wish you all could have seen it. I am still laughing.
I am 17 weeks. have felt the baby move a few times. I deffinetly have a baby belly but I am happy to report that as of my appointment last week I have not gained any weight. now thats not my doing. thats just because i had more then enough to feed a growing baby, when I started. so I mught not gain 60 lbs. that sounds nice, but I still don't think I will gain no weight. I would bet like 20-30. witch is normal. the Dr said if i keep eating healthy and gettign exersize, I could gain 0-15 and still be great. so we shall see. I am not craving chocolate. infact i don;t want it. I want fresh tomatoes and other out of season freash goodness.
Devin did not take the job he interviewd for even though in many ways it seemed perfect. but after really thinking and praying alot about it, he just felt like it was not the right carreer move for him. did not know why. but could not deny the feeling. that was over a weekend that he was really thinking about it and praying, and decided to follow his feeling. when he went back to work the next week it was confirmed to him he made the right choice and that he needed the interview to see that he is not stuck where he's at and is happy. I am SO glad he followed his feeling. I need to trust him more often. If he had done what I said he would have taken it and made the wrong move. So proud of you Devin!
well thats all. now you know whats been goin on over here.

1 comment:

Camilla said...

that story is so funny! she really is a spitfire that girl! i imagine you will have plenty more stories like that as she gets older! my third pregnancy i started out overweight too and managed to only gain15 lbs. which was good becuase i still ened up weighing 175 when the baby was born! so excited to see what you are having!