Wednesday, October 21, 2009

foul of the air

I have birds! and birds I have a plenty! My rose bushes are sworming with these little finch type birds! and guess what they are doing.....eating. and I am going to bet they are eating bugs....you can read that as spiders. YAY! I love the birds. I could sit in the front window and watch them all afternoon. they are so busy. running here. flying there. then back again for something more. They make me happy. thank you Father in Heaven for my birds.

4 comments:

Jj Starwalker said...

yes, unless your bushes have berries of some sort on them, or seeds, the birds are likely eating bugs.

If you can get a good look at the little flying eating machines, the beaks will tell the tale. Seed eaters have beaks that look heavier and stronger (for crushing seeds); they are often short and kind of overlap top and bottom. Insect eaters have longer beaks that make it easier to catch the bugs.

Some birds, I believe, do eat both and are likely to have beaks that split the difference.

Tali said...

I cannot get a good look. but they are rose bushes and they are not just in the bushes, but in the grass and weeds and the windows and eves of my house as well.

Jj Starwalker said...

I am glad you are enjoying the winged ones. We have been rather short of birds of late.. the migrations have started and I guess those whom winter here have yet to find our feeders.

Jewels said...

Yay for the birds! Glad you have a solution to your spider problem!