Monday, May 2, 2011

Mothers day

well its that time of year again...........Mothers day. Honestly I use to dred it. as a child I felt sad that others were honering their mothers for always being there and I did not have that. Later I felt sad that some very near to me wanted to be a mother so badly and could not, and a bit later I was past my due date with my first child and wishing so badly that she would come out. Now I see that I am incredibly blessed to have many Mothers in my life who have been there for me, some of those who wanted to be a mothers and could not, now ARE mothers (my heart aches for those who desire that and still struggle) and I have had my third and final child. So I don't dred it any more, and I now see this time of year as a celebration of all women, who bless the lives of all around them and especially mine.
I do not wish to affend anyone, if I do please understand that this is my space to tell my story and you do not have to read it.
I believe that Motherhood is THE most Sacred calling. One that is both challanging and rewarding. I never knew befor just how much I would be stretched as a person when I had children, and not for a lack of being told. but it is true. These people who I have been gievn charge to care for, stretch me beyond the point that I think I can bare almost on a daily basis. I see what I can do in the eyes of my children. Being their mother is what makes me who I am. I wish to honor my children for making me a mother.

No comments: