Monday, June 22, 2009

I am decluttering, or trying to. I got about half the toys gone, fridge mostly cleaned OFF, and am attacking the closets next. they are scary! so I will let you know if I have stuff to give away. I really just want to go through my house and start chucking stuff but if i do that without care I will end up chucking really important things that will have to be replaced or cannot be replaced. But i really want to get ride of all our junk. we have SO much of it. reduce, re-use, recycle. but mostly reduce!

3 comments:

Camilla said...

hey i am doing this too!! well really its because i am moving so i have to look at each thing before i pack it and half the time it goes in the thrift store box or garbage! i told porter to go in his room and bring me all the toys he doesnt play with anymore so we could give them to kids that dont have any toys. He only found one measly thing!! ugh. I have a love hate relationship with my stuff. I really would love to have NONE of it but then i would miss having things, you know? I like to have all my scrapbook stuff incase i want to use it some day, yet i never actually do use it. too crazy to try with all these kids! so i keep moving it. i am so cheap so i have a hard time throwing it out!

Thora said...

Sometimes I dream of having a hug super vacuum, and I could just aim it at my floor, and anything on it would get sucked away forever. Plus I could go to clutter stacks and they would just dissappear. But like you, I know it can't work like that, or all the important stuff would go missing too. It's hard too for me now - when we were in England, we really missed having our stuff. So now I have a harder time getting rid of it. I'm like Camilla - it's a total love/hate relationship.

Phannie said...

I need to as well. I hope all goes well. we need to play sometime soon. Call me.