Monday, January 5, 2009

2008

so I have seen a few people review their year on their blog and have decided I should do it some where so why not here.
2008 was started with my brand new kitchen just in time for the birth of mikelle. I can hardly believe she is 1. (well she will be next week) While we were so greatful she finaly was here, I was recovering from the C section, that was rough.
then I had my gal bladder removed...now that was not as nice as the c section because i did not get a cute little lovable baby in return. I was greatful how ever to never have to have that pain again. (knock on wood, and cross my fingers I never get kidney stones.)
next we celebrated lily's 2nd birthday! she is growing so fast! I hardly remember her as a baby any more. corse all I have to do is look at mikelle to remind me. they look so much alike I have a hard time tellingthem apart in pictures when lily was mikelle's age.
The girls and I spent the bulk of our summer at raging waters. I kept my kids laterd up with sun screen enough that neither one got a sun burn! me on the other hand, thats a different story.
we went to see the Brimms and went to lava hot springs for our family vacation, short as it was, we had a lot of fun.
I turned 27. I feel old. no just tired.
mikelle crawled for about two seconds ok maybe a month and then was walking by 9 months, and lily proved to us that she is fearless by going on the zip line at Daytons house. The girls and I tryed to spend lots of time out doors in the yeard as it cooled off from summer. after that its al a blur. the fall was way to short.
so I look back on 2008 and I feel kind of crapy. I did not accomplish a lot of the things I set out to. oh ! but I did make bread twice. and I set a goal to make bread. so thats got to count for something. seriously I meant to go to the temple and study the scriptures. do a mom and tot exersize class, and a whole list of things I did not do so I am will not list.
but I still have some goals for this new year.
they are...
1 learn and practice patiance.
2 study the life of Jesus christ
3 get regular physical activity.
4 get out of my house/do lots of things with my kids. I have this tendancy to stay home for some reason and I think its because I get caught in this thinking that its so hard with two kids and just me, and also often there is no one to go with me for adult company, and for some reason I let those things stop me. I need to just buck up and to it. in reality if I time it right lily does better if we get out of the house and go some where.
I need to find and fit into my week some regular girl friend time. this one is hard because I have basicly given up or lost all of my girl friends that were not a relative. this is only partly my fault. some have families too and our scheduals just clashed, others just went away and I am not even sure why. this leads me to the next one....
5 make a few new close girl friends. or get back in touch with some old ones.
6 and this one is lofty....put a considerable effort into becoming a "do-er". someone who does it "NOW" not 15 minutes from now when it will end up not getting done. I want to always be doing something. weather its picking up my house while I talk on the phone, instead of just sitting, or folding laundry while i watch a show. I want to work on getting things done.
and that leads the the last one witch is work hard tobe a better home maker, or a maker of a better\cleaner home.
So this next year is going to be all about getting it done. I am going to DO stuff in 2009!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Good for you. Nice worthy goals.

Burnhams said...

I didnt know that we had kids so close in age. Kaliya turns 1 in 2 weeks.