Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All things Hall

well, we have been keepin busy. Lil just turned 2! she seems so big to us, but everyone else thinks she is small. Well size wise she is. but she is so big in many other areas! She is nicer to her sister now. witch is good. she loves for kelle to sit on her tummy and play.
Kelle is rolling and almost sitting, she needs just a little assistance. She is 5 months. She loves to laugh at lily. Only her sister can make her laugh so hard. It is adorable.
Devin is plugging away at work. then comes home and plays with the girls. they sure love thier daddy.
we just had a small birthday party for lily. played in the pool and sugared the kids up. It was fun. I had fun too! I was worried that I would not be able to have fun with lily on at her party but we had a good time. I have not been doing much other then mommy jobs. I have found that lily does SO much better if I forget the house work and church work, yard work, laundry etc...and focus strictly on giving her and mikelle my attention. she is so much better behaved. If I try to get her playing by herself and then try to get that stuff done, she is mean to the baby, and in general acts out way more. so I have been spending all my time playing with blocks, reading books, and playing dress up, having tummy time and dancing with my girls. I LOVE TO DANCE WITH LILY! we turn on the radio and we get movin. It's great fun! I would post picutres or video but if she see's the camera she stops and wants to hold it,and I don't think you all want to see me dancing, or more importantly I don't want you all to see me dancing. Its all baby moves, stompin feet, clapping hands, twisting my waist and then shaking my booty. you would have a good laugh. but sorry not gonna happen. during this last general confrence elder ballard said something that has really stayed at the forefront of my mind..." I am impressed by countless mothers who have learned how important it is to focus on the things that can only be done in a particular season of life." he later went on to quote another auther who wrote about that very thing...she said "I wish i had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing...i wish i had treasured the doing i little more and the getting it done a little less."( anna quindlen) so that is what i have been trying to do.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

You're a good mommy. Housework will always be with you but the girls will not always be young.

Amelia said...

It's like Camilla always reminds me, no one wishes, on their death bed that they wished they'd cleaned more. For me, it's become about balance. I have a really hard time just relaxing and having fun when I have SO much on my "to do" list. I have a couple of chores that I try to get to at least every other day, like dishes, vacuum, sweep, etc. for my own sanity, and if I get it done, great. If not, there's always tomorrow. And Oliver comes first.

And I'm glad that you have figured out what Lily needs. So much of parenting seems to be just figuring your kid out, and doing that makes you a good mom.

Thora said...

It's good to hear from you, Pookie. Although I'm glad that you've been away because you've been listening to what Lily needs most; that really is the crux of being a mother. And I definitely need to learn more of it; you're an inspiration to me.

Jj Starwalker said...

It may have been written as a "Song for a Fifth Child" but it is true for all...

"Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow,
For babies grow up, I've learned to my sorrow.
So, quiet down, cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep."