Tuesday, February 5, 2008

thought thise was cute.....

"You never know what a girl is worth,
You’ll have to wait and see;
But every woman in a noble place,
A girl once used to be."
President Monson paraphrased it in his talk to the Sisters in october 2007. not sure of its origional auther or if there is more.

2 comments:

DutchHexSign said...

it is a paraphrase from "Nobody Knows What a Boy Is Worth,” in Best-Loved Poems of the LDS People, ed. Jack M. Lyon and others (1996) according to the footnote on The general Relief Society meeting was held Saturday, September 29, 2007 transcript of his talk, Three Goals to Guide You.

Tali said...

I saw the footnotes I just meant I did not read Best loved poems of the LDS people, so I don't know if it was Jack M. Lyons or another auther published in the book. Did you read Pres. Monsons talk? in the beginning he made a really funny comment about being aware that he was highly out numbered by wemon and even told a joke. It was funny.